- The Competition is open to secondary school students (years 9-13) in Dunedin, Mosgiel, Palmerston and Milton.
- Entries will be judged in two categories: Years 9-10 and Years 11-13.
- Each entry must be the original work of the student submitting it, and may not have been previously published (including on the internet), broadcast, awarded any prize or payment or submitted elsewhere until after the announcement of the results of the Competition. Winning poems may not appear in any other publication or website until after their publication by the Competition.
- Students may submit up to 3 poems but will be only be eligible to be awarded one prize.
- The student’s name must not appear on the poem itself. All entries will be judged anonymously.
- Each entry must be accompanied by a separate document detailing the title of the poem, the student’s name, school, year, email address, contact number and postal address.
- To enter the Competition, poems can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or posted to:
C/- University Book Shop
PO Box 6060
- All entries must be received no later than 5pm Friday 28 July 2017 otherwise the entry will not be accepted. The Competition takes no responsibility for lost, damaged, misdirected, late, illegible or incomplete entries.
- Students must ensure that they keep a copy of their poem as poems cannot be returned.
- The copyright of each poem remains with the author.